FAIRBURY CHAMBER OF COMMERCE BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Friday, October 20 at 11:30 a.m. at TBA. Carry in Rowdy’s Steakhouse
- Financials – September Fincials
- Unfinished Business
- Annual Banquet, Feb. 2, 2018 ~ (Talk Show – Fairbury Theme name)
- Board of Directors 2018: Justin Newton, April Stone, Lacey Starr, Nichole Siebolt, Heather Watson. Need one more candidate by Oct 20 meeting.
- Budget Committee: Jill, Sara, Justin and Sharon to meet to set 2018 budget and discuss dues structure.
- Trunk or Treat, Tues., Oct. 31 @ 5:30. Who’s helping? Sharon, Terri, Barb, Sara, Jerry, Justin, Lee.
- Miracle on the Square, Fri., Dec. 1 @ 5-7p.m. at JC Courthouse approval from Commmissioners for Santa, Festival of Trees through Dec. 29
- Win Big Shop Local, kicks off Nov 18-Dec. 18. Drawing Wed., December 20.
- Grant Workshop Topic
Committees Dates Chairpersons:
- Annual Banquet: February 2, 2018, Elk’s – Chairs Trevor, board, staff –
- Shamrock Shuffle 5K Run/Walk: , March 17, 2018, @ Chuckles. Shawn Cole Band booked for 1-5. Chairpersons Dani & Johnna
- Easter Egg Hunt: , March 31 @ 1:00 p.m. Board/Volunteers meet at noon. Easter-April 1, 2018.
- Pork & Pints Beer & Wine Tasting Festival: April 28, 2018, Rock Star Entertainment 6-midnight. VFW. Set up Fri, 5:30 pm. SDL to NLCC. Mugs (Miller Seed) & Wine Glasses enough for 2018. Wineries or Breweries – Johnna & Sara work on?
- Beer Gardens JC Fair: Fair dates July 12-15, 2018.
- Ambassador/BAH –Tiffany, Chairperson.
- Fairbury 150th Celebration 2019 – Chamber’s 100th Total Sound 40th Anniversary.
- Marketing – Board & Staff – Lunch & Learn – Grant approved. Waiting on them to give us choice of topics and date options.
- Membership/Personnel Committee – Board & Staff
- New Business
- BRAN – Bicycle Ride Across Nebraska proposed June 7, 2018
- Chocolate Lovers Walk: suggested
- Next Board meeting: Friday, October 20 @ 11:30 a.m. TBA carry in Rowdy’s Steakhouse
- New Business
- Goals 2017
1. Business After Hours quarterly – Tiffany & ??. May Membership Drive – VFW
2. Membership Drive to increase membership by 5 new members – Membership Committee
3. Maintain Current Membership; membership more active to improve communication – Chamber Board & staff
4. Special Events fundraisers to keep balanced budget.
5. Chamber Involvement with schools and other volunteers – Chamber Board and Staff
6. Increase promotions for service oriented members (Miracle on the Square, Festival of Trees, Pork N Pints, etc.)